Join the discussion to contribute to this discussion about key features to be included in the definition of a Virtual Biorepository.
• Ownership of specimens (local ownership)?
• Common governance framework?
• Type of network (centralized, decentralized, federated network)?
• Standardization of quality criteria and processes and procedures?
• Other key features?
• Should systems for sharing data without access to physical specimens be included?
Biorepository is a concept that is gaining momentum across the globe currently owing to the pandemic outbreak and the need for COVID-19 Vaccine storage. Nevertheless, what is the difference between Bio-Repository and Bio-Banking? We need to have a clear understanding of the two terms so that we can build up this new concept that is gaining the ground.